(SSHO) Site Safety and Health Officer
We are looking to immediatly fill the following position. In order to apply, fill out the form below and attach a copy of your resume. APPLICANTS MUST LIVE IN FAIRBANKS OR WILLING TO PERMANENTLY RELOCATE AT OWN EXPENSE
- Inspect job sites for Environmental, Health and Safety violations.
- Responsible for coordinating/directing health and safety activities, i.e. Safety Meetings, “Pop-Up” Mini trainings, New Hire Orientation, etc.
- Advises management on continued development of safety and health culture.
- Provide direction, trains, develops and evaluates employees.
- Assists in the implementation and interprets the safety and health provisions of local and national labor agreements.
- Maintains awareness of state and federal safety regulations, corporate policies and procedures regarding safety and industrial health.
- Develops and implements programs to reduce job related injuries, ex., “Near Miss”, “Stop” Work Programs.
- Designs and implements administration of job site safety rules and instructions.
- Reviews and approves new equipment and methods for potential hazards.
- Trains leadership in safety related processes and assists supervisors in the safety training of employees.
- Demonstrates complete job knowledge and understanding of assigned work area(s).
- Assist in Osha Citation abatements and investigations
- Work with the Corps of Engineers, General contractors, Sub contractors on any given day.
- Take input from employees, addresses work-related issues and provides feedback to employees on their concerns or questions.
- Able to monitor confined spaces.
- Able to issue Hot work Permits